Congratulations to You!
Congratulations on your acceptance to MIT! We invite you to visit the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science to meet faculty and current graduate students and learn more about the research that is being carried out here. A visit is also a chance to see the campus and the surrounding areas of Cambridge and Boston. Please, direct any questions you have to Kathleen McCoy (email@example.com).
It is important that you update your contact information, and use this page to indicate the names of faculty members you would like to meet with, the activities you wish to attend, if you will require hotel lodging and information regarding dietary restrictions. Please be sure to contact Kathy McCoy, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you require additional assistance during your visit to campus.
Most activities will take place in Buildings 38, 34, 36, 10, and 32 (the Stata Center). Please be aware that the Stata Center perimeter doors and CSAIL interior doors with proximity card readers will be open all day during your visit.
There is open wireless access throughout the Stata Center (and most of MIT) so feel free to bring a laptop or other portable computing device if you are so inclined.
Draft Schedule --- may change slightly
|Thursday, February 28, 2019||
7:30-9:30pm: Meet! Greet! Eat!
|Friday, March 1, 2019||
7:45-8:00 AM Student Visitors meet in Marriott Hotel lobby
All Student Visitors
5-6PM: EECS Reception and Pop-Up Swag Shop
6:30PM: Small Group Dinners (arranged separately)
|Saturday, March 2, 2019||
9-10 AM: Breakfast, Building 10 Room 250
9:30-10:30AM: Fun Times at MIT and in New England;
10:30AM-NOON: Individual Meetings with Faculty
12-12:30pm: LUNCH Building 10 Room 250
12:30-1:30: The Road to the PhD
1:30-2:30PM: Graduate Student Life Panel
2:30-4:30PM: Tour Options
6:00-9:00PM: Saturday Soiree
9:00-11:00PM: Optional After-Dinner Acitivies:Pub Crawl or Board Games.
|Sunday, March 3, 2019||
DEPART MIT, various times.
Travel ReimbursementMIT will reimburse students for reasonable travel expenses (no more than $500 in total). You must provide receipts in order to be reimbursed for these expenses:
- domestic airfare
- international airfare
- train/subway/bus fare
- cab fare to/from Logan airport
- 617-497-1500 (Cambridge Checker Cab)
- 617-494-1300 (Cambridge Checker Taxi Service)
Most meals are provided during your visit, so additional meals you purchase out of pocket will not be reimbursed.
Lodging will be arranged and paid for up to three nights of your visit Thursday, February 28th to a check-out on Sunday, March 3rd. If you wish to visit the area for a longer period outside of the visit days you will be responsible for your lodging arrangements outside of the dates February 28th to March 3rd. The EECS Department's Hotel Policy on Guests is as follows:
- Arrangements must be made in advance with Kathleen McCoy using the MIT EECS Visit Days webpage. [This means a student cannot show up requesting a single room without our knowledge, unless the student will be paying for that room out of their own pocket.]
- We will place 2 visiting students in each room. If you require special accommodations please contact Kathleen McCoy directly at email@example.com.
- EECS will arrange and provide accommodations for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights of the Visit Days only. [MIT will pay the hotel directly for all rooms that we use on those days.] If a student wishes to stay longer outside the Visit Days, the student is responsible for making their own room arrangements with the hotel of their choice.
- The Visit Days are geared towards our admitted students only, but we understand a visiting student might wish to bring along a spouse or significant other for this visit. If possible we will try to accommodate these requests, however hotel space is very limited and this may not be possible. If we are able to accommodate the request the visiting student will be responsible for 1/2 of the room allowance or $85 per night. The per night room expense will be subtracted from his/her overall travel reimbursement.
Note: You must save and submit all receipts for reimbursable expenses. Please complete the EECS Visit Days Travel Reimbursement form 2019 MIT EECS Visit Days Travel and send electronic copiy of the form and your travel receipts to Kathleen McCoy at firstname.lastname@example.org.